Here are a couple ways to get files on to gamba.math.ubc.ca -- the undergrad
math computer lab.
- email the file to yourself
Your e-mail adress is "your userid"@ugrad.math.ubc.ca
for instance -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- ftp your file from disk into your account
- goto the dos machine in the corner of the lab
- put in your disk and type "dir b:"
- say you have a file called "myhomewk.jim" on the disk
- type "ftp gamba"
- wait to be prompted for your login and login
- type "put b:myhomewk.jim jim.assign"
this puts the file myhomewk.jim from the disk into your home directory
and calls it "jim.assign".
- type quit
- don't forget your disk in the machine